AUSTRALIA – 03-19-2019 (PRDistribution.com) — Ozford Institute of Higher Education participated in the QILT (Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching) Student Experience Survey for the first time in 2018. The results of the survey, which explores student experience at OIHE over the 2017-2018 financial year, have recently been received from QILT.
The results show that OIHE is matching, and in most cases exceeding, the national average of results for all HEPs and selected Melbourne based HEPS.
This is a very satisfactory result for OIHE, but there is room for improvement. Strategies for improvement will be coordinated with the Student Voice initiative.
Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) has forwarded to OIHE the outcomes of the Student Experience Survey (SES) for the 2017 – 2018 financial year.
Responses ranged between 40 and 43 on each question, making the results highly statistically accurate as a representation of OHIE students as a whole.
The SES surveys students on five aspects of their experience during the year:
– Teaching Quality
– Learning Engagement
– Learning Resources
– Student Support; and
– Skills Development.
It also asks students to provide data on their overall student experience.
A. Overall Student Experience
- OIHE students expressed 83.7% satisfaction with their overall student experience compared to the national average of students enrolled in Business and Management courses of 78%.
Comparisons with other HE providers indicates that OIHE is performing excellently in this area.
B. Teaching Quality
- OIHE students expressed 90.5% satisfaction with the teaching quality compared to the national average of students enrolled in Business and Management courses of 77%.
C. Learning Engagement
- OIHE students expressed 67.4% satisfaction with the learning engagement compared to the national average of students enrolled in Business and Management courses of 60%.
D. Learning Resources
- OIHE students expressed 82.5% satisfaction with the learning resources compared to the national average of students enrolled in Business and Management courses of 83%.
E. Student Support
- OIHE students expressed 85.0% satisfaction with the student support compared to the national average of students enrolled in Business and Management courses of 71%.
F. Skills Development
- OIHE students expressed 92.9% satisfaction with the skills development compared to the national average of students enrolled in Business and Management courses of 78%.
- OHIE can be very satisfied with the results of the QILT SES. OHIE is meeting, or in most cases exceeding, the national average in all categories and is outperforming similar sized HEPs in all categories and some of the universities in most categories.
Interested in study in Australia?
Why wouldn’t you think about study in Melbourne with some of the best minds in the world? Yes- study in Melbourne; the most liveable city in Australia, the city of many cultures and backgrounds.
You can find us at 310 King St in the Melbourne CBD, close to Flagstaff Station.
At Ozford Australia we believe our success is in the success of our students, which is why we are committed to achieving excellence in education. We offer Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Business Accounting, which is CPA and CA Accredited, Senior High School, English Language courses, and Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs. For a full list of courses and qualifications visit www.ozford.edu.au
For the original news story, please visit https://prdistribution.com/news/outcomes-of-the-qilt-student-experience-survey-for-2017-2018-at-ozford.html.